So, I know this blog is mainly based on all things books, but I’ve decided to add a few personal posts on it from time to time from now on. 2015 is coming to an end in two days and for a lot of us it means leaving the past in the past and aiming for some new goals for 2016. I have decided to set myself some goals to achieve in 2016, also and I’d like to share them with you.
- Gain a following on this blog – TheLandofBooksandPens is fairly new and so far I don’t really have a big following. In 2016 I am aiming to post regularly, advertise it and gain more readers and hopefully get noticed. I know it’s not going to happen overnight but I am willing to work at it.
- Finish my novel – In November I took part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and I achieved the goal of writing 50,000 words. Since then however, I haven’t actually revisited it. My aim is to finish writing it and then start editing.
- Apply for my chosen Masters course – 2016 is going to be the year where I hopefully go back into education again, since graduating in 2014. I am hoping to have applied for my chosen courses at my chosen universities by the end of January. I am going to be applying for Creative Writing Courses at London Metropolitan University, Birkbeck University and The University of Essex.
- Go 100% Cruelty Free – I will probably do a bigger post about this topic in the near future, but for now I will just write a brief summary. I’m a vegetarian and have been for nine years. I have tried my best to use cruelty free products since then, but after doing some research a few months ago I realised that some of the brands I’d been using weren’t 100% cruelty free. So I have started using cruelty free products and I’ve done a lot of research into what brands are and what brands aren’t cruelty free. My aim for 2016 is to be using 100% cruelty free products in all aspects of my life.
- Stay at my target weight – In February 2015 I started my Slimming World Journey and since then I have lost 4st 5lbs and gone down four dress sizes. I reached my target weight at the start of December and I am hoping to stay at it for 2016 and for many years to come.
- Keep in contact with people – I admit, this year I have sucked at keeping in contact with friends. This has mainly been down to being so busy at work and in my personal life, but also due to anxiety which I’ve finally managed to get under control. I want to meet up with friends at least once a month for a catch up and make sure I keep in contact with them regularly.
- Read 50 books – Last year I set myself a challenge to read 40 books, which I smashed! in 2016 I want to read 50 books, and I also want to widen my choice of books and venture into reading genres that I haven’t read before.