Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is ‘books to pull you out of a reading slump’. I have fallen victim to the dreaded reading slump many times and as you may know it’s not a great feeling. However, there are few books that seem to pull me out of the slump – many of them contemporary.
I think when you are trying to get out of a reading slump you need something quick and easy to read and contemporary fiction works really well for it. Do you agree? What books pull you out of reading slumps? Let me know in the comments.
1) Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
2) Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
3) The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
4) I Was Born For This by Alice Oseman
5) Bookshop Girl by Chloe Coles
6) Sunflowers in February by Phyllida Shrimpton
7) My Box-Shaped Heart by Rachael Lucas
8) Big Bones by Laura Dockrill
9) The Little Shop of Happy Ever After by Jenny Colgan
10) The Cosy Seaside Chocolate Shop by Caroline Roberts