I was tagged by the wonderful Emily at ashortbooklover to do the Harry Potter Spells book tag which was created by Sarika at betweenthepages. As a HUGE Harry Potter fan I am really excited to do this one. Thank you again for the tag Emily!
I won’t tag anyone but if you want to do it feel free!
Accio: An upcoming release you wish you could get your hands on now?
– Oh my! There’s certainly a few. These include King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo, Children of Virtue and Vengance by Tomi Adeyemi, The Toll by Neal Shusterman, Bookshop Girl: Life’s a Beach by Chloe Coles and What If It’s Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera.
Alohamora: Favourite series starter?
– I have to say Scythe really don’t I? It was just perfection and really got you wanting more!
Cheering Charm: A book that gave you all the warm fuzzies?
– Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda. It was just so cute and adorable and had me grinning from beginning to end.
Aguamenti: A book that made you ugly cry?
– The Weight of a Thousand Feathers. The themes within it just really got to me and I ended up breaking down.
Expecto Patronum: A book character you want around to protect you?
– Kaz Brekker. He’s a bad boy but if you got in with him you’d be protected for life.
Lumos: A book you intentionally spoiled for yourself?
– I try not to spoil books for myself but I did once with Breaking Dawn years ago. I just wanted to see if Bella was going to die or not…
Imperio: A book you wish you could make everyone read?
– After The Fire! It is just so friggin amazing and it deserved to win the YA book prize this year! Read it! Read it now!
Engorgio: A book/series you wish had never ended?
– Ohh either The Grisha Trilogy or Harry Potter.
Wingardium Leviosa: A book with an uplifiting message/end?
– Big Bones. It goes to show that you don’t need to be skinny to be beautiful and that it is okay to be body positive no matter what size you are.
Obliviate: A book you wish you could forget you ever read?
– Carve The Mark. The less said about that book the better…
Anapneo: An author whose books get you out of a slump?
– Caroline Roberts, Jenny Colgan, Rainbow Rowell, Becky Albertalli. All lovely contemporary authors.
Jelly-Leg Jinx: A swoon worthy character?
– There definitely is a few! Robert Cardew from A Sky Painted Gold, Levi from Fangirl, Augustus Waters from The Fault in our Stars, Finnick from The Hunger Games are just some.
Aresto Momentum: A book that caused you to stop doing all things until you finished it?
– Scythe, The Belles and After The Fire. All had me totally hooked from the first page!
Crucio: A book that was painful to read?
– A Thousand Perfect Notes. It was an incredibly written book but some of the domestic violence scenes tore at my heart.
Rictusempra: A book that had you laughing out loud?
– Bookshop Girl. Some parts were just utterly hilarious.
Expelliarmus: A book you wanted to send flying?
– This will probably be controversial but Murder on the Orient Express. I just found it to be too predictable and just awful..
Portus: A bookish world you wish you could visit?
– It’s obviously the Wizarding World.
Avada Kedavra: A character death which destroyed you?
– Dobby! Every..single..time!
Stupefy: A book with a shocking twist/ending?
– Thunderhead! The ending literally had me screaming!
Finite Incantatem: Best series conclusion?
– Harry Potter (if you forget The Cursed Child) had a great ending! I also loved the ending to The Grisha Trilogy.