Six for Sunday is weekly prompt hosted by Steph at A Little But A Lot where we are encouraged to give our opinions on a certain topic or a book-related theme.
This is my first time doing Six for Sunday and I’m excited to finally be taking part after seeing it a lot on Book Twitter.
This week is about what advice we would give to new bloggers. I’ve been blogging for a few years now so I think the advice I’m going to give will be plausible.
1) Don’t worry about views or stats – these really don’t matter as much as you will be led to believe. As long as you love what you are posting views/stats don’t matter.
2) Connect with other bloggers – this is something I wish I had done more of when I started blogging. Connecting with other bloggers will help you gather feedback, ideas and you’ll end up making friends in the community.
3) Find a niche – be it book blogging, fashion, lifestyle, food etc find something you are passionate about enough to blog about and stick to it.
4) Social Media is key – Social Media is great for sharing posts, networking and meeting fellow bloggers. Twitter is my favourite to use but find one that suits your blog the best.
5) Post as much as it suits you – don’t feel like you need to post a blog post everyday just because you see other bloggers doing that. Post when it suits you. If you want to post once a week do it! If you want to post a few times a week, go for it! There’s no right or wrong way when it comes to posting.
6) Have fun – blogging is meant to be fun! It’s meant to be something enjoyable so just go along for the ride!