Hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is all about our most anticipated releases for the second half of 2019. There have been many amazing books released in the first half of this year but let me tell you, it’s going to get even better in the second half. All of the books I am going to mention are books that I am SO EXCITED to read.
What book releases are you looking forward to in the second half of this year?
1) Under a Dancing Star by Laura Wood (released 4th July)
I adored Laura’s last novel A Sky Painted Gold so I am highly anticipating Under A Dancing Star. I don’t read much Historical YA so I am really looking forward to reading this story which is set in 1930’s
2) The Storm Crow by Kalyn Johnson (released 9th July)
I love a good YA fantasy and this seems like it’s going to so so good! The concept seems really intriguing and I am looking forward to reading a fantasy by an author who is new to me.
3) Rose, Interrupted by Patrice Lawrence (released 25th July)
Patrice Lawrence is an auto buy author for me and I am really looking forward to reading her latest book Rose, Interrupted. If it’s anything like her last two I know it’s going to be great.
4) The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta (released 8th August)
This is one that I have been seen being mentioned a lot on bookish twitter. I have never read a book written in verse before so I am looking forward to seeing what thats like. Also, the topic of self acceptance is one that I am excited to read more about.
5) No Big Deal by Bethany Rutter (released 8th August)
I am always looking for books that promote body positivity and No Big Deal seems like it’s going to be tackling that topic head on. I am interested to see how it is dealt with compared to other books I have read.
6) The Haunting of Peligan City: Potkin and Stubbs #2 by Sophie Green (released 5th September)
I adored the first book in this series so I am buzzing for book two! I cannot wait to see what mystery Lil Potkin and Nedly Stubbs have to solve next.
7) Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo (released 1st October)
It was pretty obvious that this was going to make this list as I am complete Leigh Bardugo trash. I am so excited to see how she tackles the world of adult fiction and to be immersed in her incredible writing style again.
8) The Star Outside My Window by Onjali Q Rauf (released 3rd October)
This sounds like it’s going to be even more emotional than The Boy At The Back of the Class and all I can say is bring it on! I am hoping I love this just as much or even more as the aforementioned novel.
9) Wayward Son by Rainbow Rowell (released 3rd October)
Well, Carry On was a whirlwind of a book, so, I cannot wait to read its sequel Wayward Son. I love this Harry Potter-esque world and I need Simon and Baz back in my life.
10) The Toll by Neal Shusterman (released 7th November)
This series is just INCREDIBLE, MIND BLOWING and EMOTIONAL! After finishing Thunderhead I was an emotional wreck and I am so ready to be back in that state again with The Toll.