It’s been a while since I’ve done a book tag and after coming across The Spotify Book Tag over at Book Hooked Nook, I thought I might as well do this one as a big lover of books and music.
I’m not tagging anyone in particular but if you want to do this then consider yourself tagged!
1. Hit Rewind: a book you go back to again and again?
I’m not a huge re-reader but one book series that I do go back to is Harry Potter. It was the first series of books that I read all the way through and I just love revisiting the wizarding world.
2. Romantic Ballads: a book that gives you all those fluttery feels?
Heartstopper by Alice Oseman! It is so cute and romantic and my heart just couldn’t cope!
3. Release Radar: a new release book you are excited for?
It’s pretty obvious that I am going to say The Toll by Neal Shusterman. I have been dying for this book ever since the ending to Thunderhead (which destroyed me!). I am so excited to read the epic conclusion to this series.
4. Discover Weekly: a book you haven’t read yet but want to discover?
A Curse So Dark and Lonely. I have heard a lot of good things about this book and as it’s a Beauty and The Beast retelling I need to get my hands on it soon!
5. Alone Again: your fave book genre to read on your own?
Hmmm probably Chick Lit or Graphic Novels as not many of my friends read those two genres.
6. Alternative: an indie book or author everyone should read!
Joshua Winning! His book Vicious Rumer was just so insane but so incredible (and I do recommend it to everyone I talk to!) I’ve also started reading his books series Sentinel which is really good too!
7. Cheesy Hits: a book full of cheese that you just love?
Anna and the French Kiss! It’s so full of romantic cliches but that’s why I love it! I think I may have to re-read it as I’m going to France in a few weeks..
8. Summer Hits: a book you re-read every summer?
Like I mentioned earlier I don’t usually re-read books but I do tend to try and read a book written by Jenny Colgan each summer. Her books just seem to get me in the summery vibe.
9. Power Hour: an empowering feminist book or character you adore?
Vox! That was, well just so empowering and I devoured it!
10. All Out 10’s: list ten banging books!
For this I’m gonna share some of my top reads from this year (so far!)
King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
The Paper and Hearts Society by Lucy Powrie
The Girl Who Came Out Of The Woods by Emily Barr
Summer of No Regrets by Kate Mallinder
A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder by Holly Jackson
Alex in Wonderland by Simon James Green
Whiteout by Gabriel Dylan
All The Things We Never Said by Yasmin Rahman
Potkin and Stubbs by Sophie Green
The Million Pieces of Neena Gill by Emma Smith-Barton